Treatment for IPL Laser Burns?

2 years ago (8/08) I had IPL laser treatment to remove freckling on my chest at a "Medical Spa". The tech. apparently did NOT know what she was doing and I was severly burned. I now have (2 years later) underwent a Melanage peel, a TCA peel and some micro dermabrassion to attempt to correct the rectangle white boxes that appear all over my chest and cleveage area. I have tried tanning the area, but that seems to only make it worse! Please tell me what procedure might help to correct this? HELP!

This is commonly sorted by our Tertiary referral center

+1
We see ALOT of these burns from other centers from other cosmetic centers around Brisbane and the Gold Coast. 

To correct this- follow this process.
1. See a consultant laser dermatologist
2. He or she will guide you 
3. SPF +++++ Bleaching agents such as Lytera, or HQ
4. Believe it or not TRUST them with IPL again- that can blend. If nervous, test patch
5. Fraxel 1927 +/- IPL to blend
6. Series of gentle 20-30 % TCA peels
7. Cream with Glycolic acid 7 %, HQ 5% daily.

That should fix it. 

We see a case like this once a week from other centers around Brisbane

Cheers

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist, 
BRISBANE, Australia

Brisbane Dermatologist