2 years ago (8/08) I had IPL laser treatment to remove freckling on my chest at a "Medical Spa". The tech. apparently did NOT know what she was doing and I was severly burned. I now have (2 years later) underwent a Melanage peel, a TCA peel and some micro dermabrassion to attempt to correct the rectangle white boxes that appear all over my chest and cleveage area. I have tried tanning the area, but that seems to only make it worse! Please tell me what procedure might help to correct this? HELP!
Treatment for IPL Laser Burns?
Doctor Answers (1)
This is commonly sorted by our Tertiary referral center
To correct this- follow this process.
1. See a consultant laser dermatologist
2. He or she will guide you
3. SPF +++++ Bleaching agents such as Lytera, or HQ
4. Believe it or not TRUST them with IPL again- that can blend. If nervous, test patch
5. Fraxel 1927 +/- IPL to blend
6. Series of gentle 20-30 % TCA peels
7. Cream with Glycolic acid 7 %, HQ 5% daily.
That should fix it.
We see a case like this once a week from other centers around Brisbane
Dr Davin Lim
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.