Treatment for Spider Veins Under Eyes?

I have small spider veins near where the undereye circles are they are purple and quite small but they bother me and i want to avoid them to increase in size and if I could treat them and remove them safely would be a huge relief So i was wondering which is the best method for removing such veins under eyes ? I have heard of Sclerotherapy and laser treatment and a 3rd option Any help is appreciated!

Laser or RF are best options.

+1

There are actually four options-laser, ohmic thermolysis, sclerotherapy or microphlebectomies.  Sclerotherapy and microphlebectomies seem to have no place to treat your veins.  Laser or ohmic thermolysis (radio frequency) are the best choices and work well.  There are several types of lasers and several types of radio frequency devices that are available.  See someone with experience in treating veins in this area.

Naples General Surgeon

Spider Veins Under Eye

+1

We treat these veins with a long-pulsed Nd-YAG every day. It takes 5 minutes and no numbing, poking, scarring or bleeding is involved.    I would see a board-certified Dermatologist with laser experience to perform the treatment.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Spider veins

+1

For fine capillaries (called telangiectasia's), in my opinion, the treatment of choice is the pulsed dye laser (595 nm).  However, if you have dark skin, any laser treatment around the eyes can put you at risk for increased pigment (hyper pigmentation).  You should consult with a facial plastic surgeon, general plastic surgeon or dermatolotgist with a lot of experience with various lasers.  

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Remove Spider Veins Under the Eye

+1

Hi Sandra.  We have treated veins in this area many times.  We use a long pulsed Nd:Yg (yag) laser like the Laserscope Lyra or the Sciton Profile.  While it is effective, these vessels tend to be a bit larger in size and will return in many cases, which means you will need to treat it again.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Spider veins under eyes

+1

Small veins under the eyes are bothersome to many patients and can contribute to the appearance of dark circles in this area as well.  At our facility we use both sclerotherapy and laser treatment for such problems and have had wonderful results. It may require several treatments to completely resolve the problem. You should be evaluated by a plastic surgeon who has experience in treating these areas and who has a vascular laser to treat such lesions. Occasionally we may recommend injection of a thin filler material, such as Belatero, depending on the appearance of the area to help improve the appearance as well.

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon