best treatment for my expression lines (Photo)

I have always had unruly skin and the last few years have noticed a drastic increase in the lines I get whenever I have any expression. They are definitely the worst when I smile and I am looking for advice about what treatments would be best for me. I'm not looking to erase the lines necessarily but just decrease them. I'm looking for something very natural. I just want to be able to smile without worrying because I really love smiling. Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Botox can help reduce fine line concerns

+1
Treatment with Botulinum toxin injections can help to reduce your fine line concerns. Consult an experienced dermatologist because based on their experience and technique they can bring a natural outcome without having anyone notice that you have done a procedure and keep your smile intact.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Dynamic wrinkles

+1
that result from expression will always be produced unless the underlying muscle is weakened or paralyzed.  If you wish to smooth the wrinkles when not smiling, you could consider topical agents like Retin-A to help with keeping your skin as fresh as possible.  You could consider fractional resurfacing as another way to keep the lines under control.  See a local plastic surgeon or dermatologist for more information and options.

Curtis Wong, MD