What Can Be a Treatment for my Birthmark? (photo)

i went to a doctor and he told me i need some sort of needle treatment.... I always thought it would be a laser treatment?

Q-switched laser

+1

The Q-switched ND:Yag laser can be very helpful for the dermal pigment seen in certain birthmarks, especially in patients with darker skin tones. The pigment on the sclera of the eye cannot be treatment, and should be protected with eye shields during laser treatment. Multiple treatments are usually required, but results can be gratifying. I am not aware of any effective needle treatments for birthmarks.

Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Birthmark Options?

+1

Hello.  Needling or any treatment with needles will not help for your birthmark.  

Birthmarks are challenging to treat and react inconsistently from one to the next, but the only viable option for you are q-switched laser treatments.  The proper technology would be Q-switched Nd:Yg, Q-switched Ruby or Q-switched Alexandrite lasers.  

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/birthmarksLaserRemovalBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx