Suggested treatment for lower neck, and thin face, limited budget (NJ area)? (photo)

looking for a procedure to address my neck. also, slight chin ptosis, most noticeable when I smile or purse my lips and the pad moves downward. I'm concerned that tightening the jaw linewill make ptosis more obvious if it's not addressed. how you would approach this? Also, my face has thinned and I have slight eye bags with noticeable orbital rim. do you think fat transfer is best bet? NOT looking for a full facelift.

Facial surgeries

+2
Just from your lower jaw line and neck, you might benefit from a neck/facelift. As for the chin , Botox may help with the strong pull downward. An exam in person is critical.

Treatments for the lower neck, chin and thin face

+1
Dear Agirl61,

• The fat transfer experts in your area is the Glasgold Group, I would visit them
  • They do a nice, conservative, and natural looking surgery to help you look your best
  • I am not sure about the cost or budget, but you should have a consultation to see your options
  • This is not something that you want price to be the most important factor in picking your plastic surgeon

Best regards,
Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Facial Rejuvenation Options

+1
After looking at your pictures, you do have a degree of skin laxity in the neck and jawline, which will require lifting. You also have a moderate degree of facial volume loss.  The best option would be a "Mini Facelift" combined with fat transfer..... 3D Lift.  The "Mini Facelift" can address areas of skin laxity and "lift" the face to provide a more youthful appearance.  The fat transfer will provide much needed facial volume.  These two procedures are very commonly combined to provide the best overall results for facial rejuvenation.  Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face and neck rejuvenation

+1
Hello! There are lots of less invasive, less expensive alternatives now for the face and neck. Off the shelf fillers like Restylane for tear trough; Perlane or Juvederm for nasolabial fold; and Voluma or Sculptra for the cheek are options; with fat graft a definite surgical option. Fat is also nice for smoothing out the chin. You may want to consider Botox or Dysport for neck bands and line on side of mouth. Ulthera is a new nonsurgical skin tightening therapy that may be applied to lower face and upper neck also. Lots of options! Check out plasticsurgery.org to find a board-certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Treating thin face and neck bands on a budget

+1
If you have ruled out having a facelift and you are looking to treat a thin face and your neck bands on a budget, then you may consider VOLUMA to help add volume to your mid face.  The VOLUMA injections may also show added benefits in the nasolabial folds and tear troughs and along the orbital rims.  Botox Cosmetic injections in the neck platysma bands is very effective, although temporary.  An alternative to VOLUMA would be fat grafting as you suggest but would require a more invasive procedure.  It all really depends what procedures you are looking to have, duration of action of products and costs of treatments.

Good Luck.  

David Shafer, MD