Will Treatment for Facial Asymmetry Make a Difference? (photo)

I know that some degree of facial asymmetry is normal and universal. However, the asymmetry of my eyes, ears, cheeks and lower jaw are all very pronounced to me. I recently in consultation with an orthodonist decided against major orthognathic surgery because it would only mask the differences in the lower jaw. Are there any less invasive procedures that would make a positive difference to my appearance? Thanks!

Facial Asymmetry

+1

There are surgical and non-surgical options to balance out facial asymmetry, each with their own pros and cons.  While everyone has some degree of facial asymmetry, it can be more evened out.  Please consult with your board certified specialist to obtain the results you seek.

Treatments for Facial Asymmetry

+1
Your photo show an uneven light distribution to the right and left halves of your face, making it hard to assess degree of asymmetry. You appear to have a wider face in the left with a wider jaw bone and cheek area. An asymmetry in the eyes or other features cannot be assessed without accurate photos. Sculptra can work quite well to even out asymmetries in the cheek and jaw area. Most of the Sculptra would be injected on the right half of your face to build up the width on the right side.

Anita Mandal, MD
Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon