Treatment for double chin? (photo)

Hello, I would like to get rid of my under chin fat. What treatment is recommended in my case? I am 43, slim, and this is my only "problematic" area. Thank you.

Laser liposuction is an excellent solution to remove double chin and otherwise fit person

+2

Thank you for your question and photograph. I have had excellent results using laser liposuction to remove fat and tighten skin and correct the double chin. Please see my results in the link below.

Treatment for double chin?

+2

In my experience I recommend a combination of any type lipo + ThermiTight RF therapy. Healing about 2 weeks and fee $2,500..

Treatment for double chin?

+1

An exam would be helpful for evaluation to determine if liposuction alone or necklift or lower face and neck lift would produce the best result.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, necklifts facelift revisions, and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Treatment for a double chin

+1

The amount of fat creating a double chin revolves around how much fat is located in the sub mental versus the sub-platysmal space. In addition skin laxity will determine which procedure needs to be performed. This is best done at the time the examination and consultation. The options include simple liposuction, and neck lift only, or a lower face and neck lift. For many examples, please see the link below

Treatment for doublel chin

+1

I would recommend consulting with your local board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon for an individualized treatment plan.Based on your frontal image alone, you may be a candidate for submental liposuction.I often add a skin tightening procedure along with the liposuction such as Ultherapy. Ultherapy is a non-surgical treatment that helps tighten skin.In addition, some patients benefit from a chin implant as well.These and many other options are available and I highly recommend meeting with your facial plastic surgeon.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for double chin

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

I would need to see you in consultation to provide definitive advice. Your picture unfortunately is very limited. I do routinely perform liposuction of the submental region and neck in my accredited OR suite in my office. This is a routine procedure where the patient goes home the same day and does not need general anesthesia. I can not say for sure if it is the right procedure for you though based solely on your picture. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

David Cangello, MD

Double Chin Correction in Slim Patient

+1

Double chins in younger people who have normal projection of the bony chin can be improved by soft tissue management only. This could be done by liposuction for fat removal only or combined with fat removal and muscle tightening. (platysmaplasty) Your frontal picture indicates that you might only need liposuction.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Neck Liposuction and a Chin Implant for a Double Chin

+1

To more fully answer your question, we would need to see profile view. In a patient in her early 40's your options for the excess fat in your neck are:

1) Neck Liposuction

2) Neck Liposuction with a Chin Implant

3) Platysmaplasty

If you have a weak chin, the chin implant will significantly help with your final result.

If you have a heavier neck than the picture shows, a playsmaplasty (tightening the neck though a small incision underneath the chin) and removal of excess neck fat maybe your best option.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for double chin? (photo)

+1

A side profile photo would be helpful.

Your options are either LIPO or Surgery. At 43, some LIPO followed by RF skin tightening will be a reasonable option.

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for double chin

+1

A profile view picture would be helpful to give you the best advice, but it is possible that liposuction under your chin could improve your appearance. Further evaluation of you would be needed to determine if you might be a good candidate for this procedure.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon