Best Course of Treatment for Chubby Face & Double Chin? (photo)

I'm a 28 year old female of average build. For my entire life I have had a "chubby face" no matter how in shape the rest of my body is be it a size 6 or size 12.... I don't have a defined jaw line, have a double chin, and have chubby cheeks. I was just wondering what you think the best course of treatment would be based on the photos provided? Would I be a candidate for chin / neck liposuction? Or would I need more extensive work done to have a slimmer, more defined profile.

Liposuction for the chubby face and neck.

+1

Liposuction for the chubby face and neck will give you a much better profile. It should be done conservatively so you don't end up with sagging skin.

Retruded chin - jaw

+1

Your posted photos show a retruded lower jaw, a deep groove between the lower lip and chin, dimpling of the chin skin from mentalis muscle strain, and some early jowl and marionette line formation. The lower border of your lower jaw is not well defined on the sides (body of the mandible). This may be amenable to liposuction on the sides but I doubt that will be the case in the front directly under the chin. Depending on your dental alignment and amount of forward advancement required your best bets are chin implant vs. jaw surgery. The only thing I can say for sure is that liposuction alone will not give you what you are looking for.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Liposuction of the neck and lower face can give you great improvement.

+1

Hi.

1)  From your pictures, you are a very good candidate.  There are no visible scars, and the recovery is just a few days.  Because you are young, your skin is elastic.

2)  I think an extended anatomical chin implant at the same time will help your face look less chubby and more defined.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

"Chubby Face"

+1

Every face is different and the approach needs to be customized to achieve the goals you desire.  In general, faces should have definition and contouring, so that attention is drawn to your attractive facial features (eyes, nose, lips).  In general, women with round faces need contouring of the sides of their faces to better define the jawline which can be performed using a combination of non-invasive and invasive measures as well as liposuction to remove the fat under their chin.  Please consult a board certified specialist in the face for a personalized consultation to determine the best options to help you achieve your goals.

Kimberly Lee, MD

A properly done lower face/neck liposuction can be very helpful.

+1

I think you are on the right track here.  Please recongize that several specialities offer this type of procedure.  It can be done under local anesthesia very comfortably and safely in an office surgery center.  Take the time to research your doctors.  Try not to get hustled into more surgery then you actually need: you do not need a facelift.