Should I Get Treatment for Cellulite Before My Surgeries or After?

Lipo, thigh lift, BBL?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Order of Body Contouring Procedures

+1

All of the mentioned treatments may have an impact on cellulite and contour irregularities. Without a photo or examination it would be difficult to comment. I would recommend leaving the cellulite treatment for last since it is a finesse procedure. Best wishes.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and cellulite

+1

Hello. Good question with no real correct answer. I have done Cellulaze and liposuction in the same areas at the same time with very good results. I have also done Smart Lipo first then followed months later with Cellulaze. If you were to stagger them I would do the lipo first as you may get some improvement in shape with this alone or it may reduce the areas in which you are concerned about having Cellulaze. Hope this helps! Good luck.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite treatment, before or after surgery

+1

Although cellulite treatment before surgeries can help, we usually reserve cellulite treatment- like LipoMassage by Endermologie for after surgery.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze

+1

I would recommend you evaluate Cellulaze - a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Cellulite treatment

+1

If you truly have cellulite,  cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Cellulite treatment before body surgery

+1

As far as body contouring surgery is concerned, just as in facial surgery, the structural work such as a tummy tuck, breast lift, thigh lift or arm lift is routinely performed as the first step in the surgical sequence. After six months, I will perform cellulite correction, if necessary. The latest technique specifically developed to treat cellulite is CelluSmooth, a three step process using a specific laser to disrupt the bands causing cellulite, melt excess fat and shrink the overlying skin.

Web reference: http://www.lorenc.com/cellusmooth/

Cellulite treatment before or after

+1

It's difficult to say with certainty without seeing you what the ideal course of action would be but you may choose to wait to have a procedure like Cellulaze for your cellulite until after any thigh lift, liposuction or butt lift procedures.  Addressing issues of excessive fat or fat contouring as well as lifting the skin may already improve the appearance of the legs and cellulite to a certain extent that you may need less areas treated or possibly be satisfied without any treatment. ...Again, it's difficult to say in a generalized way since each patient is different and each approach is tailored to their specific needs. 

Web reference: http://www.cellulitesurgeon.com

Cellulite Treatment Post Procedures

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend doing cellulite treatment after surgeries to smooth out any irregularities and further tighten skin. Be sure to be treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for best results and safest treatments.  I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

Cellulite Treatment

+1
Thank you for your question. I would suggest a cellulite treatment before invasive surgery. The best treatment for cellulite is Cellulaze - a new non-invasive treatment that has seen amazing results so far.Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Web reference: http://www.shapiroplasticsurgery.com/surgical-procedures/cellulaze.php

Cellulaze

+1

It’s hard to say without seeing the areas of concern. Cellulaze does take up to 6 months to see results, this may benefit if you have time in between procedures.