Best treatment for brown spot removal and to smooth out skin tone?

I have brown spots (hyperpigmentation) on my nose and some on my chin. My cheeks are a bit patchy. I'm currently doing 3 chemical peels but I don't expect to achieve the results I'm looking for with the peels. I was suggested to look into Fotofacial RF treatment. What procedure would get rid of both my brown spots as well as even out my complexion? How does Fotofacial RF compare to CO2 laser? How about Erbium YAG laser? I don't care about downtime. If it matters, I am a 35 year old Chinese.

Best Treatment for Brown Spots

+1
Hi Dushen,

I believe that Fraxel Dual is the best treatment for you condition.  Choose your treating physician most carefully. Good luck and be well.

Michael Persky, MD
Encino, CA

Dark Spots Treatment

+1
This is a tough question to answer, because it all depends on your skin type and what your skin looks like in the cosmetic consultation.  You should seek a dermatologist with expertise in lasers and peels.  Most likely you will need a good topical regimen with vitamin A, vitamin C, and a bleaching agent.  An excellent broad spectrum sunscreen that is non-irritating.  And, you can be offered a peel or laser that fits your condition and skin type.  Fraxel DUAL or clear and brilliant are excellent for all skin types and great for pigmentation.  Deep peels or ablative lasers like CO2 may be risky in your skin type, because they have the potential for causing worsening of the pigmentation if not performed by an experienced professional.  Radiofrequency treatments are not the best treatments for pigmentation, although the eLos/eMatrix device has been showing promising results; but is still not my go to treatment for pigment.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.