Any Treatment for Black Eyes After an Opened Rhinoplasty ?

Bruising after rhinoplasty

+2

You could try arnica pills or topical gel ( Heath food store), or a product called sinech which will be sold by a doctor's office.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Brusing after rhinoplasty.

+2

There is not much that can be done relative to bruising after rhinoplasty.Perhaps one of the more important things you can do is eliminate aspirin or aspirin like products prior to surgery.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

No specific treatment for bruising after a rhinoplasty.

+2

There is really nothing that will accelerate the resolution of bruising. This will take care of itself and have no effect on the long-term outcome.

Black Eye After Rhinoplasty

+1

The best treatment is to apply a cold compress for the first 72 hours and then switch to warm compresses.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Get rid of bruising fast

+1

There are quite a few tricks. The over the counter Arnica and Bromelain are pretty standard, and many patients swear by how much they are helped by these products. Massage and hot packs speed things up. One plastic surgery trick is the VBeam, a laser that treats red spots but which works great on bruises. The other is an injectable called vitrase or hyaluronidase, that dissolves bruises; that is a non-FDA approved use of the product, and is a big secret around these parts. Careful as it also dissolves some fillers. Your PS will need to be comfortable with whatever treatment you ask about, obviously!

Lisa B. Cassileth, MD

Any Treatment for Black Eyes After an Open Rhinoplasty?

+1

Bruising is usually self-limited following a rhinoplasty.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA    

Any treatment for black eyes after an open rhinoplasty?

+1

Arnica Montana taken before and after surgery can help with bruising associated with rhinoplasty. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding this option. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1

I agree with my colleagues' comments. However, we will often offer complimentary laser treatment at the first postop visit (5-6 days) to breakup the bruise and speed healing. This typically leads to resolution or significant improvement within 48 hours. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Prevention is the best trreatment.

+1

Before your rhinoplasty you should avoid aspirin and ibuprofen-like medications.  Immediately following the procedure you will use some cold compresses and keep your head elevated.  These are the scientifically proven methods for black eye treatment and prevention.   There are other gels and herbals that are tried and have occasionally shown some improvement but have not stood up to scientific rigor. Best Wishes, Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Bruising following rhinoplasty

+1

We typically treat our patients with Arnica pills and or cream following surgery or injections to help with bruising.  

Richard W. Maack, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon