Best Treatment for (3cm Glued Gash/ Scar) on Top of Eye Brow (Baby 16 Months Old)?

My baby girl has a deep cut (3cm long) which was glued in A&E 3 days ago. It's located right on top of her eyebrow. I fear that this may lead to a permanent scar. Is there anything to prevent from scarring? Is there laser treatment to remove the scar? Any medical advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Improving a scar in children

+1

Melaquin AM and Melaquin PM creams can reduce the chance of scar hyperpigmentation. Fractional co2 scar resurfacing will help improve the texture of the scar. 

Scar

+1

If the scar is red you can treat it with a pulsed dye laser. If the infant will leave on a silicone gel dressing that is another option. It should be worn for 3 months and cam be found on-line or at a surgical supply store. A fractionated ablative or non ablative laser mibhgt also help. If sum exposure cannot be avoided lasers are best done in the Fall.

Vicki J. Levine, MD