Best Treatment for 22 Years Old Scar Caused by Hot Water (photo)?

Is it possible to remove this? Need your advise or any recommendations badly. Thank you for your help!

Improving a jawline and jaw scar

+1

Serial scar excision followed by fractional co2 laser can help reduce the scars appearance.  Jawline scars are difficult to treat as they cannot be immobilized in the postoperative period.

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx

Improving old burn scars

+1

Hi

The first thing to try will be silicone patches/gel for a few months to see if the scar can be made softer and flatter. Some lasers can be useful to reduce the blood supply in the scar and improve the colour. A final option will be to cut out the whole scar and stitch it up neatly to give you a linear scar along the line of the jaw. Unfortunately no technique has the ability to make a scar disappear.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Laser scar reduction

+1

Hi, your scar can be improved in appearance but I don't think it can be completely removed. There are a few different lasers that can help improve the appearance including fractional lasers and the pulsed dye laser. I would recommend you see a dermatologist with advanced training in lasers as these technologies were developed by dermatologists. 

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.