What is the Best Treatment for Under Eye Bags and Darkness?

I have been looking into differrent dermal fillers, but was wondering if they would be the best option for me. I have attached a few pictures to better illustrate my question. Thanks.

A filler could work for your eye bags

+2

A hyaluronic acid filler could be a better option for you than surgery.  Surgery can often result in a hollowed experience as you get older.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment for under eye bags depends on cause

+2
Under eye bags are often caused by fatty tissue in the lower eyelid region. As we age, the support structure of the fat in the eyelid area relaxes allowing protrusion outside the orbital area. Oftentimes there is a history in the family of under eye bags. Sometimes these bags are prominent enough that they actually cause shadowing which appears to be darkness. In this situation, lower blepharoplasty is a nice procedure for both removing the baggy appearance as well as the darkness or shadowing effect.
In some cases darkness in the eyelid area can be due to other causes such as allergies, superficial vessels or thin skin. Again, oftentimes this is hereditary in nature as well. This darkness is a little bit more difficult to treat but options include laser resurfacing, chemical peels (phenol) as well as topical agents such as Teamine.
For those not ready for surgery, there are injectable treatments that can be done in this area. Juvederm and Restylane are two fillers that have been used regularly with a nice softening, both of the appearance of under eye bags as well as its shadowing effect. Use of fillers in his area, however, is much trickier than treatment in other areas of the face. Because the skin is thinner, there is an increased likelihood of bruising, lumpiness, as well as visibility of the filler. Patients need to be aware of this before electing to have filler placed in this area.
As stated, there are a variety of treatment options for the lower eyelid area. Which choice is best depends on the patient and their anatomy. Making the right choice for each patient is facilitated by meeting with a qualified physician to determine the very best treatment option.

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower Eyelids San Diego

+1

Your picture shows a mild contour hollow, or concavity of the lower lid, and some loose extra skin as well.  My choice would probably be a very conservative blepharoplasty to remove the extra skin, smooth the lower lid surface, and fill the hollow so instead of absorbing light, creating darkness and the appearance of fatigue, the lower eyelids will reflect light, an appearance of youth and vitality.

Steve Laverson, MD

There is no question that under eye Restylane is your best option.

+1

Kkelley

Under eye Restylane will be a great option for you.  The challenge is finding the right injector.  This service should be consider an advance method.  Please do not let a nurse or esthetician attempt your treatment.  You need to find ideally a surgeon with a great deal of midface surgical experience to do this service.  It is very much like having facial sculpting.  You might look on the liquid facelift website for someone in your area.