Treatment for Dark Neck Scars?

I have hair growth on my neck and from using tweezers on them. There are small dark scars all over my neck. I'm so unhappy and depressed. What can help?

Removal of dark scars on the neck and face - Melarase

+1

I would recommend that you start a topical skin lightener such as Melarase twice daily to improve the dark scars. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Dark Neck Scars

+1

Dear Darkangel,

Depending on the color of your background skin, you may be able to do a few things:

1. Laser. Fraxel may help resurface the skin on your neck and improve these scars (if you are light skinned)

2. A combination of chemical peels and hydroquinone therapy plus/minus microdermabrasion (if you are darker skinned).

The answer will depend on the age of the scars as well. I would recommend going to see a board certified dermatologist in your area for a consultation who can provide the options best suited to your needs.

Good luck,

Dr. Mariwalla

Kavita Mariwalla, MD
New Haven Dermatologic Surgeon