What treatment to correct these dark circles? (photo)

I have tried all different creams and concealer and am only 18, but have had dark circles for as long as I can remember. I think they are hereditary and nothing works in covering/improving them. What treatment would I require?

Fillers were made for you!

+2
Your photos demonstrate the typical findings of congenital inferior orbital hollowness due to a tight orbital retaining ligament and volume deficiency.  That is medical lingo for not having been born with enough soft tissue volume on the inside  corner of your lower eyelids/cheek.

Hyaluronic acid fillers can be a home run treatment for you.  With modern cannula injections, there is little risk of bruising or significant swelling.   Plus the treatment is reversible if for some reason you are displeased.  I would suggest Belotero in this location, because you have thin skin and run the risk of the tyndall effect (slight bluish hue with many filler injections).

Since you are young and this is a congenital feature you wish to change permanently, it would be appropriate to consider surgical procedures so that you do not have to undergo a lifetime of repeated filler injections.  There are options such as tear trough implants, fat transposition procedures, fat transfer, and more....  however I would definitely suggest you start with fillers first so you can evaluate the result, and this will allow you to have a dialogue with your surgeon over time so that the ideal long term plan can become evident.  You certainly do not want to make a hasty decision about surgery at this point so early in your life.

Good luck to you!
Austin Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane for dark circles

+1
Under eye hollows are a very common concern for many people of all ages. This is one of the most popular procedures in my office. I like to inject Restylane into the hollows under the eye; I find that it causes less swelling than Juverderm for a more natural look. The black circles that you see will also improve with an undereye treatment because once the hollows are filled the light will be able to reflect off your skin improving the look of the dark circles. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see if this procedure will improve your concerns.
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon