Treatment Options for Auto-immune Related Eyebrow Loss?

Hello, I'm a 40 yr old caucasian female with total eyebrow loss. It happened about 2 years ago and I've been tested for everything under the sun and been told there is "nothing wrong with me". My TSH (thyroid)score is apparently normal at 1.5 so this would leave me to conclude that my eyebrow loss is auto-immune related. My question is: are there any effective treatments for auto-immune related eyebrow loss topical or pills?? I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone and everyone. Thxs

Possible Eyebrow Transplant Needed

+1

Your history thus far is not revealing of autoimmune alopecia. I advise you to see a certified dermatologist to get a diagnosis. If there is no cause for your eyebrow loss, then a transplant may be indicated.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Loss of the Eyebrows due to Many Causes

+1

There are many causes of hair loss (alopecia) and it is very important to see a board certified dermatologist to be evaluated for a diagnosis and treatment plan.  A common cause of eyebrow hair loss is a condition called alopecia areata which is autoimmune.  Treatment with intralesional kenalog injections using a very small needle to a place a dilute steroid solution around the inflammation can be a very effective treatment for this condition.

Anthony Perri, MD
Houston Dermatologist

The only treatment I have ever seen for eyebrow loss is surgery or tatooing.

+1

The only treatment I have ever seen for eyebrow loss is surgery or tatooing. It is amazing what a good tatoo artist can do. Surgery for this is hair transplantation.