Treatment Advice for a Chemical Burn from the Zoom Whitening Procedure

She has a pretty bad burn on the inside of her lower lip. Its about 2 inches long and half an inch wide. White skin, a few bubbled blisters, etc. We've been applying a vitamin E oil to it several times a day and she is continuing to brush. Some suggestions online have been to use Preparation H to help or Neosporin. Its the July 4th holiday weekend and we can't really conveniently go to a dentist to get help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Whitening burn

+3

The most effective palliative treatment for this kind of burn in my experience has been application of vitamin E gel.  Continue the applications several times a day.  If the burn doesn't show improvement within a few days you may want to have your dentist take a look at the burn site.

Omaha Cosmetic Dentist

Burn from whitening procedure

+1

Hey Des Moines,
I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been burned.  It’s something that has never happened in our office because we rigorously follow the protocol.  However, the burn will heal on its own.  The oral cavity heals extremely fast.  You may use Vitamin E oil to provide sooth the wound.  If it’s painful taking 400mg advil (2 tablets) is not a bad idea.   All the best, recover quickly.  Good Luck!

Peter Mann, DDS
Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist