All in One Treatment for Acne, Broken Capillaries and Large Pores?

I am looking for a facial treatment, but can not decide which would be best for my skin. I am looking for a treatment that can tone down acne lesions, decrease pore size, and decrease visibility of broken capillaries around my nose. Any suggestions?

Best all in one treatment for acne, capillaries and large pores

+1

There is never a one only treatment for complex problems, but there is often a best approach for most of the problem. Since acne is a recurrent problem, continuous treatment with good topical therapy (Ziana, Duac, Epiduo) is like brushing your teeth to prevent tooth decay.

Then, a fractional CO2 laser treatment will smooth, scars, tighten pores and remove capillaries. Is it perfect? No, but it will give long term 60-70% improvement.

Miami Dermatologist

All in One Treatments not a great option

+1

While Isolaz may be an option in your situation, we find that all in one devices are "jack of all trades and masters of none" as the saying goes. There are a few options for each of the conditions you mentioned, each of which we think are better than the Isolaz.

Broken Capillaries. For small vascular lesions like this, there are several to close them.

• Laserscope Aura (or Aura-i) KTP laser or other similar "KTP" lasers.
  • Sciton Profile, Laserscope Lyra-i and other "Long pulsed Nd:Yg" lasers.
  • Pulsed dye lasers (not the most ideal for the same reasons as Isolaz is not) but still a possibility.

Acne Lesions. This is where you have the most choices.

• Traditional medications such as oral antibiotics (Accutane if more severe).
  • Over the counter products such as Proactiv, Murad, etc.
  • Aramis II, Smoothbeam and other similar lasers used to shrink the sebaceous gland.
  • Photodynamic therapy with ALA (Amino Levulanic Acid)

Pore Size.

• Over the counter exfoliants that contain Retin A, Glycolic acid and other ingredients to increase cell turnover.
  • Collagen stimulating IPL or laser treatments (there are many).
  • Microdermabrasion for exfoliation.

We think that trying to find one solution for all of these issues is a mistake and that you will be disappointed with results if you attempt to do this.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Isolaz

+1

This unique technology combines suction to deep clean pores, blue light to kill bacteria, and broad band light to decrease inflammation and redness. This sounds like your best option.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist