Will Treating Chronic Migraines with Botox in the Neck Affect my Acupuncture Treatment?

I've suffered with chronic migraines for 18 months. After trying many different medications, I've started looking into TCM and acupuncture. Having some results but they are slow. A new doctor has suggested Botox in my face and the nerve bundle at the back of my neck at the base of my head. Could Botox affect my acupuncture treatments if I get Botox in my neck?

Botox for migraines will not intervene with acupuncture treatments

+1

Botox for migraines will not interfere with accupuncture treatments and I would go ahead with the neurologist's recommendations to get it injected in your neck if he/she believe that it will help your symptoms.

Buffalo General Surgeon

Never Fear...Get the Needle

+1

Acupuncture treatments typically don't interfere with Botox and Botox won't prevent benefits from acupuncture...just spoke with a good friend...an acupuncturist with years of experience...he agrees...often find that Botox benefits migraine headache even when the injections are limited to just the areas typically used for cosmetic purposes...and the even better news...the amount necessary is less which may translate into lower costs...

Ken Landow, MD