Are The Any Options For Treating Anxiety Before Surgery?

I have wanted breast implants since I was 18 but decided to wait until after I was done having children. I am now 28 and have breast fed my 2 children and I recently had a consultation with a surgeon about getting implants. I really want to get them but I have been having major anxiety about the actual procedure. Will any surgeons give an RX for some sort of pill to take before the procedure to calm the nerves?

Anxiety Before Plastic Surgery

+1
It is normal to be anxious before any surgical procedure. It is an I'mportant decision for you and one to be made thoughtfully ahead of time. Tell your caregivers that you are nervous so that they may be sensitive to your state of mind. Most doctors and nurses are willing to be supportive at the time of surgery to make it a positive experience for you. Sedation prior to arrival for surgery can compromise your discussion with your anesthesiologist. It's safer to arrive clear headed. Most surgeons avoid using drugs to treat anxiety. There are better coping strategies.