I Have Been Treated with Hyalase After a Bad Situation of Juvederm Under Eyes. What Are the Side Effects? Will It Pass?

I Have Been Treatet with Hyalase After a Bad Situation of Juwederm Under Eyes What Are the Side Effects?  Will It Pass?

Dissolving fillers

Using a hyaluronic acid dissolver may cause further swelling initially as the product dissolves.  iIt may not work to dissolve the product and it may require additional treatment.

Hyaluronidase is used to treat areas in the skin that have been filled with hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane.  It works by dissolving the product and is great for areas that have been over or unevenly filled.  There are very minimal side effects with the worst being an indentation left in the skin if too much of the hylauronidase is used.  Please make sure you see a physician who is experienced in hyaluronidase injections to minimize this complication.

Monica Halem, MD

Hyaluronidase is an enzyme that will dissolve Hyaluronic acid [Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane]. It is quite safe and will effectively remove untoward filler that has been injected.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon