Botox for Occular Neuralgia and Forehead Lines?

They were successfully treated with Botox. I did also notice after that my foehead looks looser and has more thin lines. The line where the injections didn't go to. How do you get a smooth forehead when the Dr.injecting you stops at a point that shows such a dramatic difference? Use the occular therapy and a Dermatologist or a Neorologist to address the entire facial tick issue that administers fillers that I need but Botox can't correct? Thank you

Botox for nerve muscle and eye problems can help cosmetic issues too

+2

you should continue to have the neurologist, ophthalmologist, or neuroophthalmologist treat your condition with Botox and then see an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon for cosmetic adjustment and refinement of additional lines that bother you.

Botox or Dysport and the forehead

+1

Placement of Botox or other botulinum toxins to the forehead for treatment of forehead lines and wrinkles must be tailored  to each patient.

Treatment of forehead wrinkles is aimed at weakening the muscle that elevates the eyebrows and causes forehead expression. If this muscle is over weakened, the muscles around the eyebrows will easily overpower the weakened forehead muscle and pull the eyebrows downwards.

With this said, it seems your physician gave the best possible result with minimal unwanted side effects.

Of note is the high success rate of botulinum toxins for treatment of ocular pain and headaches.

Adam J. Cohen, MD
Skokie Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox does work to soften Forehead Lines

+1

Botox, like fillers is a treatment that can be adjusted to meet individual patient needs and reactions to the injected material(s).  Just have Botox placed in slightly different area and amounts until the pattern of Botox injection is established that gives you the best aesthetic results.

Forehead lines must not be overtreated

+1

It is important when treating horizontal forehead lines to avoid overtreatment with BOTOX® [or other formulations of BTX-A] because excessive relaxation of the frontalis muscle could cause the eyebrows to drop, and most patients find that undesirable.

So your doctor may have done the right thing by not giving you too much BOTOX® the first time. I would much rather have patients come back asking for more BOTOX® than have them come in complaining it was too much BOTOX®. Sometimes it is best to: "Start low and go slow."

You should return to your doctor for reassessment and perhaps a bit more BOTOX®, until you find the dose that gives you the best tradeoff between reduced forehead lines and excessive relaxation of the muscles which lift your eyebrows.

Kevin C. Smith, MD
Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon