Was I Treated at 3 for MiraDry During my First Treatment?

I just done my first treatment of Miradry and started sweating again four days after. Before starting treatment, I requested the nurse to perform procedure at a level 3. She agreed, but I saw her select Number 1 button on the machine. The procedure began at 1 I asked again to make sure it was level 3, she said the system starts at 1a and will increase to 3. Is this correct? I'm not familiar with the machine's operation to know how to tell which level they are treating me. Please advise.

MiraDry

+1

Please ask the nurse again if you were  treated at setting of 3. If she say  yes then you are treated at setting of 3.

The MiraDry is set so that the lateral 3 levels are treated at setting of 1. This is because the nerves and vessels are more superficial here and if treated at 3 there maybe more adverse effects like pain and numbness.
After this MiraDry will automatically  set at 3 for the rest of the treatment. For the 3 lateral treatments to be done at 3, the nurse will have to manually override the 1 setting for the lateral treatment to 3.
Up to 60-80 % of the sweat glands and odor glands are destroyed at the first treatment. Initially there is no sweat because of the swelling of the remaining sweat glands openings When the swelling subside there will be a little sweat but this should be less.
You will need another treatment at 3 months which will destroy the rest of the sweat  glands.
Please be reassured that this is a wonderful treatment for sweaters providing them with confidence and freedom and not having to use antiperspirants which can be toxic and may cause breast cancer, dementia and kidney problems. It will also help with the odor. The dermatology quality of life index (DQLI) has shown a 90% efficacy and satisfaction rate. My patients are thrilled with Miradry : No sweat, No odor ,No antiperspirants : Just confidence and freedom!
Hope this answer your question.

Honolulu General Surgeon

Level of treatment for miraDry

+1

The level of treatment is in the upper left corner of the screen before the map is shown - so you can see it for the next treatment. I recommend level 5 on almost every patient and have done so in the last 30% of my cases. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon