I Treated a Client for Diffuse Brown Spots on the Cheeks with the Palomar Lux 6 Laser with the Chiller off? This OK?

She Did Not get good results from the first laser. As expected the brown spots darkened right away but there was an area about 1 cm that looked like a skin tear - some fresh skin exposed. what does this mean. I put hydrocortisone cream on it and instructed patient to do the same. Please advise

Palomar Lux 6

+2

Thank you for your question. If the skin has blistered or torn, this may develop into a second degree burn.  Keeping the area moist with plain petroleum jelly and silicone sheets after the procedure will help healing and reduce the inflammation.  Keeping the area moist will help prevent further damage.  If the patient is of dark ethnic background, post inflammatory  hyperpigmentation is a concern.  Be certain that the patient  under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in laser procedures for the most effective and safe treatments.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist