What Happens to the Treated Areas if I Lose Weight After Smartlipo?

I am getting smartlip on my outer and inner thighs and lower abdominals. No matter how much I exercise I don't make progress in these areas. If i loose weight after the smartlipo, will these areas now loose weight too?

Weight Loss After SmartLipo Will Usually Help The Result

+2

As a general rule, weight loss after smartlpo or any type of liposuction will almost always help the result. Whether it will make a significant difference or improvement in the surgical result depends on the area and the amount of weight loss. The thighs are not a depot or natural depository site for excess fat unlike the abdomen for example. Therefore, it is usually not affected by weight loss either before or after liposuction. 

Web reference: http://www.eppleysmartlipo.com/

Weight loss *after* liposuction? It's best to lose it *before*

+2

In general it is best to lose the majority of the weight you plan on prior to any major surgical procedure, including liposuction. Exercise and proper diet, which you apparently carry out, are key components in maximizing your results. If you lose weight after smart lipo you will probably not have a significant weight loss in the treated areas but more likely your body in general. It is difficult to focus weight loss on the upper thigh region but I would get to a weight that you are comfortable with prior to your surgery.

Web reference: http://www.delucaplasticsurgery.com/liposuction-albany-ny/

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss after liposuction

+1

As liposuction removes many but not all fat cells in the area that undergoes surgery, if generlized weight loss occurs then the areas treated don't have as many cells as the non-treated areas to lose as much fat.

+1

Yes those treated areas can lose very little weight in a ratio to the other non treated areas. Best is to discuss with your chosen Smart Lipo surgeon. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Weight loss after liposuction

+1

Losing weight after liposuction may impact your resulst, just as gaining weight after liposuction will as well.  Not allt he fat is removed in the treated area during liposuction.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.