How to Treat White Crust Along External Insicion After Rhinoplasty?

I had open rhinoplasty 8 days ago and have formed a white crust along the incision. Is this normal and should it be treated? I am concerned about scarring and infection. I would greatly appreciate a response. Thank you!

Crust on External Incision after Rhinoplasty

+1

First let me say I am a fan of open rhinoplasty for many patients. Most likely this is coagulation of secretions from the small skin incision. Follow the recommendations of your sugeon, but this can probably be treated with the application of an antibiotic ointment on the wound. It is very unlikely you have an infection.