How to Treat the Lump on Breast After the Fat Transfer?

i have done a fat transfer to breast 10 days ago, however, i noticed an obvious lump on my left breast while the right breast is not so serious. It feels terrible and created an uneven surface and a significant bump on my breast. Im so worrying it will be something like infection or untreated lump that came along with the procedure. Is there anything i can do with the lump?

Fat transfer lump

+3

This is a difficult question and first and foremost you need to carefully follow up with your plastic surgeon who I hope is board certified.  The use of fat grafting to the breast has become readily accepted for reconstructive surgery, but more contraversial in cosmetic breast enhancement because of issues like yours.  If your lump is swelling, seroma, or  hematoma it should resolve quickly.  If it is fat necrosis or a lump of viable fat that becomes discrete and remains palpable, it may require further treatment like aspiration or removal.

+3

In my patients I follow a regime of massages, ultrasound, antibiotics first. Than direct aspiration if cyst after a sonogram. Best to be in close contact with your chosen surgeon. 

Please see your surgeon

+3
Early post surgery you should see surgeon. The lump can be infection,seroma,pooled fat or uneven fat injection. Please see your surgeon and make sure he/she is board certified plastic surgeon. This important issue for taking care of the problem post surgery.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Lump in breast ten days after fat transfer

+2

The formation of an early lump after fat transfer is likely due to the presence of an uneven tissue are that is noticeable after resolution of the initial swelling.  A lump may be caused by:

1. Uneven grafting
  2. Oil cyst
  3. Scar formation
  4. Other issue unrelated to the surgery

A complete evaluation should indicate which problem is the most likely.  Treatment may include various interventions and will depend on what is the diagnosis of the lump.

Mario Diana, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Lump in breast after fat grafting

+2

It is not uncommon to feel irregularities or 'lumps' in the immediate post operative period after fat grafting. Be sure to bring this area to the attention of your surgeon so that it can be followed closely. At Gayoso Plastic Surgery, I would follow this area closely. It may take several weeks to months for all of your swelling and healing to be complete. If a lump or irregularity is still present after healing is complete,  often a small office procedure to remove this area can be done. The swelling can simply be from a small seroma or hematoma or it can be a small area of fat that did not survive the transfer (fat necrosis). Non of these conditions are serious but all should be followed closely by your surgeon until they have resolved.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Lump after surgery

+2

FAt injection ot the breast can cause several different things.  It may be fat necrosis, infection, hematoma, fluid collections, etc..  You should really see your surgeon to be evaluated.

Lump after Fat Transfer to Breast

+2

Based on your description, it is hard to determine what is going on. You should contact your surgeon and express your concerns.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS