Is It Possible to Treat Type III Skin with the Pearl Laser?

The IPL laser can not be used for skin types 3 (lightly dark skin types, mediteranean, hispanic). Is the pearl laser safe to be used on darker skin types?

Pearl Laser

+1

Yes it is possible, but one has to be more careful. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/elitemdspa

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Skin Type III...Yes to Pearl Laser...

+1

Yes, the Pearl Laser by Cutera is safe to use on skin type III patients.  I personally, am a skin type III and I have had the Pearl treatment.  I recommend it  to almost all my patients.  It is a great technology for improving texture, sun damage, large pores, fine lines and wrinkles, etc.  I have a great patient satisfaction in my office with this laser.  I have my three, highly trained, Physician Assistants treating patients with the Pearl Laser and they are very happy with the results they are achieving.

Dr. Grant Stevens     

Web reference: http://marinaplasticsurgery.com/

Pearl for type III skin

+1

Pearl laser is appropriate for skin type III when done by experienced professional (board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon trained using Pearl laser). If you are not tanned and the laser expert uses appropriate laser settings, you can be a good candidate for photrejuvenation with the Pearl. However, the safety of Pearl laser in darker skin types (IV and above) is controversial and has higher likelihood of side effects such as hyperpigmentation (dark discoloration) after procedure, so not recommended. I would advice scheduling a consultation appointment with a Pearl practitioner to discuss your treatment options. Good luck.

Hollywood Dermatologist