How to Treat Tight Scar in Mouth After Chin Implant Surgery?

4 years ago, I had a chin implant put in through my mouth that was too big and misplaced. They took it out and re-inserted a smaller implant two months later. After the second proceedure, the implant was still too big. 6 weeks later, the second implant was removed and my mouth re-stiched.

All proceedures were done through my mouth. 4 years later, I still have a scar in my mouth that is very tight and uncomfortable. Is there any way to help the scar? Would steriod injections help? I worry that they would change the shape of my chin.

A steroid injection may help your tight scar after Chin Implant Surgery.

+1

If the scar between your lower lip and teeth is tight, a dilute triamcinolone injection may be helpful. This should not affect the appearance of your chin, and could soften your scar making you more comfortable.

I hope this is helpful for you.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar revision for chin implant surgery

+1

Steroids could provided some laxity to the scar. IF too much is injected, it could produce fat atrophy and loss of chin fullness. Another alternative is a scar reslease but this is not without risks.

Scar in mouth

+1

There are many ways to deal with your scar. You need to consult a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON and dicuss all the options available to you.

From cortisone injections to scar revsion