How to Treat Red Spots After Lasik

I had Lasik a week ago. More than half of one eye and one fourth of the other is covered in deep redness. The doctor said this is a side effect of the suction cup. Is there anything I can do to make this go away sooner?? arnica, bromelein, hot/cold compresses? Thank you I am in a wedding in 2 weeks - I was never warned that I needed to have Lasik months in advance before a special event. I hope there is something I can do to dissolve the bruise.

Red spot is a bruise

+1

Unfortunately, the red spot is a subconjunctival hemorrhage (bruise) and it does take time to resolve.

New York Ophthalmologist

Red Spots after LASIK

+1

Your doctor is exactly right and the red spots are the result of the mild pressure from the suction cup of the laser flap device. I use Naphcon A, which is available over the counter, right before I perform the LASIK prodecure, and I have found this bruising to occur less often. You could still try Naphcon A now and see if it might not resolve the red spots a little faster. Regardless, the red spots will resolve completely and mean nothing other than a slight temporary bruising. Whether they resolve in time for the upcoming event you are going to is another matter. I hope so!

Anthony J. Kameen, MD
Baltimore Ophthalmologist