How do I best treat this reaction to a lactic acid peel (see photo). I've done about 4 lactic acid peels (55% brand:MUAC) leaving product on for 7 minutes with no problem. Last night I had to wash it off by 3 minutes. I think my mistake was I used Retin-A the night prior. I normally have no acne, smooth skin. What you see in the picture is the reaction. Redness is deeper than what can be seen in pictures. Bumps are calming, but remain red (under skin). How should I treat? Will I scar? Thanks!
How Do I Best Treat This Reaction to a Lactic Acid Peel (Photo).
Doctor Answers (2)
Treating A Reaction To A Chemical Peel
I recommend you immediately consult with a board-certified dermatologist for evaluation. Your skin appears inflamed and very broken out and immediate treatment will prevent any permanent scarring or discoloration. In general, it is better not to self treat with chemical peels (even the lighter ones!) so as to avoid these complications.
Web reference: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/treatments.php?id=13
How Do I Best Treat This Reaction to a Lactic Acid Peel
Seek immediate consultation in a doctor's office! Self treatment can lead to a severe burn and poor healing. Please seek care.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.
You might also like...
Ask a Doctor
Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.