Can I Treat my PIH with Retin-A/Hydroquinone While I'm Still Using Benzol Peroxide?

I recently received some great answers from doctors on this site about how to treat my PIH. I have decided that a combination of glycolic peels and hydroquinone/retin-A is the most cost effective for me. However, I still NEED to use Benzol Peroxide to prevent my acne. Currently I use it 2 times a day. So how do I incorporate retin-A/hydroquinone into my morning/evening routine? Currently I cleanse, apply BP, then moisturize. (I'd be willing cut back and use BP only once a day if need be).

Prevent PIH by preventing acne

+2

I counsel my acne patients concerned about PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation) and acne scarring that it is of utmost importance to control and eliminate active acne eruptions.  Inflammatory acne lesions have the potential to cause PIH and benzoyl peroxide is a great treatment for many patients.  Retin-A or an alternative topical retinoid is also necessary for most patients to control their acne.  The topical retinoids can also improve PIH along with hydroquinone.  Benzoyl peroxide, topical retinoids and hydroquinone can all be incorporated in an acne regimen but patients may notice increased irritation of the skin and the benzoyl peroxide may need to be reduced to once a day (AM application) and the topical retinoid/hydroquinone can be applied in the evening.  As always, it is recommended to have a board certified dermatologist prescribe and supervise an acne regimen.

Houston Dermatologist