How to Treat Pigmentation After Hair Removal Laser?

I'm 35 years old teacher & i've got 5 kids. last year, i did botox in my forehead & some fillers around my face. I had around 5-6 hair removal laser sessions. After that i have obvious & dark pigmentation at the sides of my face& under my eyes contour. I had a bio-peeling but it is still the same. i had some prescribed creams but nothing seems to be working. I can not hide them even with make up and concealer. i stopped the laser treatment now until i get rid of this discoloration.

Hyperpigmentation with Laser Treatment

+1

Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH) can occur as an adverse effect of laser treatments. It more commonly occurs in darker skinned individuals, and therefore, laser treatment may not be a good option for patients with darker skin. Treating Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation is often a difficult and slow process. It is hard to say what the best treatment is for you since I cannot see your face in person. I often treat my PIH patients with retinols, hydroquinone, and sun screen, and once the patients have been on these topicals for a while, we begin chemical peels. I would contact a doctor who has experience dealing with PIH, and discuss your options with them. Good luck.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon