What Would Be the Best Way to Treat my Nose?

Top picture illustrates my current nose after nasal trauma (about 6 weeks ago).Bottom pic illustrates how my nose used to be - symmetrical.I used to be very happy with my nose.I am not sure if my nose looks like the way it does now because of the purplish/yellowish discoloration creating shadow effect or because it actually has a dent.What do you advise I do? If it is deep bruise, should I wait? If it's not, what would be the safest and least risky way of getting my old nose? Thanks a lot.

+1

I guess I' m not as aware of the significance of your deformity as my colleagues are. Over the internet very hard to diagnose minor symmetry issues. I recommend in person nasal examination from a boarded surgeon in your area. Yes, you may need a "spreader" graft but I would not venture to recommend one until I examined you. 

6 weeks after injury

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you have collapse of the middle vault - typically spreader grafts can help improve this situation

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/index.php

A spreader graft on one side and an osteotomy on the other corrects many nasal asymmetries

+1

I can see the depression in the right sidewall.  I cannot tell if your bony nose is crooked.  If both are present, I would recommend taking out any crooked septal cartilage and using it to place a graft beneath the lining of the  right nose alongside the top edge of the septum.  That "spreader graft" will make your nose straight by pushing out the collapsed area.

If the bony nose is also crooked (left side pushed out), the surgeon can bring that one bone in.  This combination is easy and particularly reliable; I have used it many times.

Find an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon whom you trust. Good luck.

Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Treating a nose injury: is rhinoplasty needed?

+1

Most nose swelling from an injury can take weeks to fully go away. If you still have bruising, which you describe as purple-yellow discoloration ( tough to tell from the photo) , then the good news is... there is probably much swelling to resolve and you may improve with time. 

Without knowing your mechanism of injury and if there was a fracture, it is really tough to advise you completely.  In my practice, unless there is a significant fracture deformity, I advise waiting for anywhere from 4-12 weeks at least. 

I reserve rhinoplasty surgery and  fracture repair for noticeable deformity, breathing problems or septal deviation.  Good luck!