How to Treat my Festoons? (photo)

29,male.I get so depressed with my festoons and a unknown line disappeared on the right cheek in recent a year. I really need your suggestion.Please tell me what kind of treatment I can take...

Cheek rejuvenation for younger patients

+1

Your photograph doesn't really show any dramatic festoons, since it only shows your cheek and mouth and doesn't show your lower eyelid very well.  A festoon (to a facial plastic surgeon) is the loose baggy skin of the lower eyelid.  This often has a watery appearance and can have marked changes in how much it swells, even over the course of a day. You have a relatively prominent cheek septum which is the line you above the nasolabial fold.  This area could be addressed with a filler.  I would recommend an in-person consulation with a local facial plastic surgeon.  He/she will be able to evaluate your face and determine exactly what area of your face concerns you, and recommend the best way to correct it.  Best wishes.

Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for festoons

+1

From your pictures, I can't actually tell if you have festoons or not.  It appears that there may be a depression between your lower eyelid area and cheek and then also a depression at the nasolabial fold that merges with a depression on the lower and lateral portion of the cheek.  You may be a good candidate for a filler that could help improve your appearance.  The filler could be injected into the above mentioned areas of depression and this should help.  I would consult with a physician experienced with filler injections to get more detailed information and to see if you are truly a candidate for such treatment.  There are several types of fillers that could be used.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon