How do I treat my acne scars? (photo)

I'm just 18 year old and I've been cursed with these acne scars. Please suggest me what kind of treatment should I follow to prevent such a misery for the rest of my life. I don't wanna live with these scars. :'(

Acne Scar Treatment

+1

From your picture it looks like you have a combination of different scars; it appears you have redness, pigmentation and ice pick scaring. It is possible to improve all of your scaring with laser treatments. For the depressed or “ice pick” scars I would recommend treatment with Fraxel Restore. Fraxel Restore will stimulate collagen production to help fill in the depressed scarring. You will need a series of treatments for best results. Since you are a skin type 4 it is important that you use a bleaching type product while doing the treatments to help prevent hyperpigmentation from Fraxel and it will also help with the pigmented scaring that you currently have. Finally I would recommend doing Vbeam treatments along with the Fraxel and bleaching cream. Vbeam treatments will improve the red scarring that you have, this too will need a series of treatments to get best results. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see which options are best for you.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.