Best Treatment for Eyelid Milia?

I have a small milli a on my upper lid and a larger one on the size of my eye. Ca Latisse be a contributing factor?

Eyelid milia and Latisse

+2

Any application of any product, even if it is non-comedogenic, may contribute to milia formation depending on your skin complexion, but Latisse is not one of the products that is a known offender compared with cold creams that often cause milia. Milia tiny white cysts and may go away on their own, but often need extraction and when they are on the eyelid margin, you should see an oculoplastic surgeon for treatment or first see your ophthalmologist for an opinion. There are some more serious things that are not milia but may masquerade as such when they are situated on the eyelid, including basal cell carcinoma, skin cancer, so make sure you get an expert opinion.

Milia require extraction

+1

Milia are not caused by Latisse but creams and oily makeup removers can contribute to them.  Milia often resolve on their own or can be extracted by a dermatologist.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Eyelid Milia treatment

+1

Although any product may be involved  in milia, Latisse is an unlikely suspect. Typically any product that is greasy can block one of your pores and lead to milia. Avoiding these products and using a retinoid like Retin-A, and regular good cleansing may be preventative.

Milia are trapped whitish material (keratin) beneath the skin often following eyelid surgery. These tiny cysts have a thin almost translucent skin covering which is usually opened, unroofed, with the tip of a needle allowing the contents to be removed. A simple and often painless office procedure.
Consult with a dermatologist regarding why you have this problem and make sure it is milia and not a different cause such as cholesterol deposits, a sign of hyperlipidemia (too high cholesterol in the blood) requiring treatment

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS