How Can I Best Treat This Lump? (photo)

I have lollipop incision that ends with a hard/thick lump, what should I do to smooth it out (assuming its nothing alarming but a bit of fluid)?

Hardness after Lollipop Breast Lift

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.  It appears that you have a little bit of puckering at the bottom of your incision.   This is done to minimize the amount of scar or prevent a horizontal component.    

It should respond to time and scar massage.  If still present at 6 months, it can be revised with an office scar revision.

Dr. Gill

How Can I Best Treat This Lump?

+1

Looks like early in healing phase. Allow at least 3 months of healing before thinking about a revision!// 

How Can I Best Treat This Lump?

+1

The incision looks infected and may require antibiotics. Don't wait, you should see your PS soon to have this diagnosed.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Lump on a breast lift incision

+1

It is hard to tell if this is extra skin or a fluid collection.   You should be examined by your plastic surgeon if you have any concerns

Mastopexy incision

+1

I hope you have been in touch with your plastic surgeon to have this area rechecked.  You appear in the photo to have a lot of redness around this hard area and this can only be fully evaluated in person to make sure there is no infection or fluid build-up causing the problem.   

Catherine T. Milbourn, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Lump after a breast lift.

+1

Hi Thamar.  It is hard to know what that is without examining you.  It looks like a "dog ear", meaning a fold of skin at the end of ain incision. These usually shrink away with time.  If you are concerned, I  suggest you show it to your plastic surgeon.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon