How to Treat Lipoma on an Infant?

My 9 month old son has a bump over his eyebrow. His pediatrician and dermatologist have both said it is a lipoma. It does not seem to bother him and isn't obstructing his sight. But we are considering getting it removed before it gets any larger. Is this something that can be done on an infant of his age or should we wait until he is older? I am concerned about sedation for the procedure, the healing process and if there will be any scars.

Lump above eyebrow.

+1

i would consider getting a ct scan prior to removal or at least an ultrasound to make sure this mass doesnt track intracranially.

as far as timing goes i would wait till the infant is at least 6 months old and better even a year old. 

Ashburn General Surgeon