How to treat Hypertrophic scars?

Two years ago, I landed on both my knees and ripped the skin open on each knee. Before the incident, both knees had very thin skin from steroids injections done in the knees (done two years prior to the incident) because I have RA. The wounds on both knees healed but developed thick scars in return. Since they have healed, my right knee will become inflamed, hot, and extremely tender. This happens every time I feel like I ripped the knee again but there is no open wound.

Hypertrophic scar treatment in Los Angeles

+1
Our office specializes in the treatment of hypertrophic and keloid scars. We initiate a scar protocol that entails laser, topical therapy (Melarase), and IIT.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS