How Do I Treat Hyperhidrosis Safely?

I've been dealing with excessive sweating from my underarms for over 6 years now to the point I wear a jacket every single day no matter how hot it is outside to cover up the sweat. It's embarrassing to have and I've even started to cry during classes because someone pointed it out because it's gotten so bad. I've tried just about every type of antiperspirant, none of which have worked. I've looked into the Botox, but I'm a little scared of getting it.

MiraDry for Hyperhidrosis

+1

Botox is a common treatment for hyperhidrosis underneath the arm, hands or feet. However the miraDry treatment is non-surgical treatment with lasting results for treating excessive sweating of the underarms. The miraDry device delivers controlled energy to the sweat glands and eliminates them non-invasively. The results are lasting because the sweat glands do not regenerate after they have been eliminated. The miraDry procedure is clinically proven and FDA-cleared as a safe and effective treatment option for hyperhidrosis of the underarms. Generally two treatments are necessary, spaced three months apart. If the sweating is extreme a third session may be warranted. A consultation with your physician can help determine if this procedure is right for you.

Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox or miraDry for underarm sweating

+1

Rest assured, both treatments are FDA approved for hyperhidrosis. Botox is excellent for underarm sweating and is safe, causes minimal discomfort during injection and you can get back to your routine immediately. miraDry is FDA approved and it seems to help hyperhidrosis AND bromhidrosis (excessive odor). miraDry is not covered by insurance. It may require 2 treatments in some individuals.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

MiraDry is your longest lasting option

+1

Botox and MiraDry are both safe treatment options. Botox requires several visits each year and if your insurance does not cover the cost, you will pay around $1,000 for each treatment.  If you discontinue treatment your sweating will return. MiraDry uses microwave technology to destroy the sweat glands permanently. Two treatments, spaced 3-4 months apart are required for lasting results. 

Kean B. Lawlor, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

Forget Botox Miradry will do it!

+1

At our office, New Horizons Center for Cosmetic Surgery  we treat patient's with hyperhidrosis using the miraDry system. miraDry is the only FDA approved device for the treatment of excessive sweating. We do a series of two treatments 3 months apart which follows the clinical data trials performed by the miraDry company. you can expect to see immediate improvement after the initial treatment. We have had excellent results and numerous satisfied patients! Good luck to you!

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

Treating Hyperhidrosis

+1

Miradry would be an excellent choice for treating your problem. Miradry is safe non-invasive procedure that destroys the sweat glands in the underarm area. Two treatments done in your physician's office are required 90 days apart. You can expect your sweating to be reduced by 80-85%, which would bring your sweating to a manageable level. While Miradry is only FDA approved for underarm area, Botox is great for reducing sweating in multiple areas of the body. The downside of Botox is that it's temporary, lasting only maybe 6 months in the underarms. This can get expensive over time. Miradry may cost more up front but it's a one time expense making it the better option in the long run.

Phillip Chang, MD
Leesburg Plastic Surgeon