How to Treat Cauliflower Ear in 1 Month Old?

Has had cauliflower ear since birth, was not told about it until I took her in today to see why her ear has not returned to normal. What are my options?

+1

Your child most like does not have a Cauliflower Ear since it rarely occurs in newborns.  Please send photos so i can make a proper diagnosis.

Ear condition since birth

+1

Really need photographs to give you any guidance about the treatment of this ear condition.  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon,   Dr.  Z

cauliflower ear infant

+1

cauliflower ear is defined as thick cartilage and scar tissue of the ear. Depending where the thickness is surgery can improve the appearance of the ear. Does it also stick out? 

send along some photos font view, side view, and back view.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon