How to Treat Butt Pimples?

Hello,i'm 20(India).I'm suffering from pimples on my butt for several years now.it goes off in 2-3 days,wit few small bumps,1or2 become big and painful,also i have hair on my skin!

browsed in net,and started using hot water to take bath,also exfoliate my skin using st.ives scrub.i saw drastic improvement and it has reduced a lot.but it recurs once i stop using hot water,or miss to exfoliate my skin even for a day.it affects my sexual life.what is the cause?what is the permanent solution?help!

Treating Body Pimples

+2
Acne lesions can occur on any area that has oil glands or sebaceous glands, and your buttocks have them so having acne here, although not the most common, certainly can occur. You can also have folliculitis, which is different, so my first suggestion is you visit a board-certified dermatologist or similar specialist in your country. You will most likely need an oral medication – antibiotic – as well as a topical medication to get a good control on this.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Butt Pimples

+2

Butt pimples also known as folliculitis can be treated with either topical or oral antibiotics and should be prescribed by a dermatologist.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Oral medications are best

+1

While topical medications can help, oral (pill) medications are best because they treat this problem deep in the skin where it starts.  Antibiotics that are anti-inflammatory are the best types because they help the two main causes of this very frustrating problem.  Hope this helps!

Victoria W. Serralta, MD
Arlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Backside folliculitis

+1

In additions to the above replies, sometimes a simple benzoyl peroxide soap found over the counter can greatly help with breakouts on the buttocks or thigh. Topical prescription clindamycin works very well also. Sometimes people get recurrent cysts on the legs and buttocks.

Marcy Alvarez, DO
Miami Beach Dermatologist

A Few Additional Suggestions

+1

In addition to oral or topical antibiotics, you can do a few things to treat the area.  I usually recommend that my patients apply a topical natural antiseptic, such as tea tree oil.  Lavender oil can be used as well.  These are essential oils, and not in a very greasy base.  Tea tree can kill the staph bacteria, which may be colonizing your skin.  I also like to recommend a lotion with fruit acid, to keep the pores "unblocked".  You can use glycolic acid &/or salicylic acid.  These can be used as a cleanser as well as a lotion after bathing.  Aloe vera gel, or fresh from the aloe plant is another useful tool that can help.

Lisa Benest, MD
Burbank Dermatologist