How Can I Treat a Bulging Vein Between Eye and Nose? (photo)

I am 30 years old and I had been under stress and lost a bit of weight. Over night it seems my eyes have hollowed and now I have a bulging vein between my eye and my nose that is more visible when smiling. It has become very unsightly. Is there anything that can be done for it? Willing gaining some weight back help the under eye area?

3 options

+2

This vein can be treated by one of 3 options-laser, sclerotherapy or microphlebectomy.  Each option has pros and cons. Laser will probably require several treatments and may not be successful.  Microphlebectomy will remove the vein but the trade off is one or more small scars.  Sclerotherapy, which is my procedure of choice, may also require several treatments and should be done by someone with experience treating veins in this area by injection.

Naples General Surgeon

Vein on face -removal

+2

The vein you showing is normal ascent of a branch of the facial vein which accompanies an arthery. Weight loss can make it more visible. I would not advise to have it removed surgically as artery can be inadvertently damaged. Nerves passing nearby can also be damged by avulsion surgery. Sclerotherapy can be effective but will leave you with skin haemosiderin staining for months.

Leaving it as it is is an option. It tends to be less visible if you had rest, more relaxed, etc.

Web reference: http://www.dralexchambers.co.uk/beauty-enhancement-therapies/sclerotherapy-vein-removal.html

London Dermatologist

Blue veins around the eyes

+1

Blue veins around the eyes can often be treated with laser.  If the vein is too large, laser can be assciated with a higher risk of either failure or scarring.  It is not clear from the photo whether or not I would recommend laser in your situation.  The alternative to laser is surgical excision.

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bulging vein

+1

I would recommend you see a neuroradiologist before you consider treatment of this vein. He or she might want to do some tests to see if the vein connects to any important structures.

Vein bridge of nose

+1

Best removed by micro phlebectomy.gives good results. Never inject here.Thermocoagulation with devices such as vein gogh should also be avoided.

London General Surgeon

Varicose vein in the bridge of the nose

+1

This can be reoved with a tiny puncture wound (maybe 2) which will heal nicely. I don't recommend injection sclerotherapy and I don't recommend laser (as it is too large).

Web reference: http://www.VeinsVeinsVeins.com

Buffalo General Surgeon