3 Weeks Post Subglandular BA and Incision Scab is Yellow?

I had subglandulaar BA 3 weeks ago. 2 weeks after I had drainage from one of my inframammary incisions. At 3 weeks after my steri-strips were removed I was left with a scabbed incision on that side. It has been 5 days since the strips were taken off an the incisions is redder around it and the scab seems more yellow. How do I treat this? Should I leave it alone? Put antibiotic ointment on it and cover it? Or take antibiotics? I took Keflex for 5 days post-op. Thanks.

Scab on incision

+2

Without an evaluation in person, it is impossible to say what exactly is going on with your incision. It may be nothing, but it is always better to be checked out. I suggest you see your surgeon.

Yellow Scab Incision After Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear Sarah,

Without photos and physical examination, it is hard to make an accurate diagnosis.

I encourage you to see your PS before you treat it with topical ointments. He/she would be able to give you the appropriate instructions especially if your incision is infected.

Best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Hello

+1

You need to go see your PS to he/she can exam you and determine what can be wrong. If you have fever, drainage and redness possibility is you have an infection.

Yellow scab on BA incision

+1

It sounds like there might be just a little separation. This can be treated conservatively with dressings like you describe but you need to verify this with your surgeon. Call tomorrow.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/