What Treament is Best for Linear Scar Removal? (photo)

i have linear scar on my upper lip left side. it was a mark of injury i got when i fell down when i was a kid. I am 18years now. I have consulted a dermotologist she advised me a laser treatment for 15 sittings. i underwent 8 sitttings and found that my scar was growing bigger so i stopped and asked an other doctor for advice. They told me to stop laser treatment and go for plastic surgery. I m totally confused what treament should i undergo now?

Improving a scar on the cheeks that is linear and across nasolabial fold

+1

This linear scar crosses the nasolabial fold.  I would recommend surgical scar revision with z plasty or multiple z plasty scar hiding techniques. 

Upper lip scar revision.

+1

The Z-plasty will orient the scar in a more desirable alignment while some dermabrasion or superficial laser resurfacing will help camouflage the scar. SkinMedica also has a new Scar Recovery Gel that has been documented to help scars heal much faster and regulate the amount of collagen to keep the scars thinner and more acceptable.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of linear scar

+1

Thank you for your question. From plastic surgery perspective, you have a scar that runs across the nasolabial fold in the left commisure. One way to address the scar is to do Z platy and reorient the scar along the nasolabial fold. This would produce a more anatomically aligned scar.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD