At tray 20 from 29, why did k-9 tooth stop tracking. After 28 trays I've got 41 refinement trays.

I'm concerned about the large amount of refinements, I have had 14 buttons placed on my upper teeth and 8 on my bottom. My bottom teeth are straight. At tray 20 my k-9 was rotating well but obviously ran out of room to move. Does this really take another 41 trays to correct? I know it's hard without seeing more but I can post pictures if needed. Thank you.

Bad K-9...

+1
This is a relatively common question.  Canines have very long roots.  These roots make them extremely difficult to move with Invisalign and most adults don't want to wear unsightly metal braces.  This is why I suggest having your cosmetic dental work done at a cosmetic dental office.  Reason being, a cosmetic dentist would simply recommend placing a veneer on that tooth in one appointment to make it permanently appear rotated, rather than trying for months or years to rotate it.  Rotating a canine is like trying to rotate a shrub or oak tree; it can be done, but it is much more efficient to just trim it and change the appearance of the sides that are in view.
I wish you best of luck with your disobedient k-9.  Follow me if you have any more questions.
Take care.

Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist

Canine stopped tracking during invisalign

+1
Teeth don't track well for two reasons .  Collision ( meaning it touches another tooth) and compliance (you are not wearing your trays 20-22 hours per day,etc).  Obviously during your treatment your canine stopped tracking.  IN order to get it to move a refinement was probably done which is longer than the original case.  This is normal and happens sometimes.  Good luck

Hope this helps

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist