Traveling with Latisse, How to Prevent Bottle Leakage?

I will be flying to Canada for 11 days. Whenever I fly my liquids leak no matter how tight I screw the lids on. I've even tried squeezing all the air out of the bottles before screwing the lid to see if that would help. Nothing works. How do I keep the precious minute amount of fluid leaking from the latisse bottle? Should I just leave it home for the 11 days or will my lashes fall out while on vacation? Help!

Traveling with Latisse

+2

That is a tricky question... either you can take a brand new bottle that hasn't been opened or as others have stated, don't worry about it for your vacation and start using it upon your return.

Leave them at home

+2

Leave the Latisse home for 11 days. Not using it for that brief of a time period will not affect your lashes.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Latisse and travel

+2

Bottles usually leak because of the change in pressure on planes. While I haven't had any patients say their bottles leak while they travel and if you've already tried everything else, you can leave it home if you'd like. It won't change your growth that much at all, and your lashes do NOT fall out if you don't use it! Over time, they just return to their normal growth rate (like over another 16 weeks of non-use!).

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

+1

Leave your Latisse at home. You can restart it once you get back home. Have a great vacation! I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon