Can You Travelling Back Home?

Can you fly back home on a 35 mins flight after mini tummy tuck & breast augmentation ...

Flying after surgery

+2

I would recommend that you do not fly that close to surgery.  You will be at an increased risk for developing blood clots, which can have serious consequences.  It is also a good idea to be close to your surgeon for the first few days in case there are any unforeseen complications.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Flying after TT

+1

For this combination, I would like for you to be in town the first week. After that  I seen no reason you couldn't fly. Mind you, you will be very sore and have a difficult time standing in security lines and you will need assistance with any bags. The risk of blood clots in this short flight and type of surgery would be low. Move your feet and calves periodically on the flight, but don't stress too much. Best of luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Flying home after surgery

+1

You can take a short flight home after surgery.  The things you must consider are that you have to have a plan of how you will get back to the doctor in case of emergency and you must make sure that you are up and walking around frequently during your journey home to prevent the development of blood clots in your legs which can have serious consequences.  You definitely would be safer to spend the night near the surgery center and fly home the next day.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Flying after mommy makeover

+1

Hello. You can fly after a mommy makeover but it is advised that you wait seven to ten days to follow up with the doctor who operated. When flying be sure to move you legs frequently and get up when possible.

Jaime Perez, MD
Mommy Makeover Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Flying after Mini Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation

+1

A 35 minute flight should not pose an issue after surgery.  The risk for blood clot is higher after standard tummy tuck and longer flights.

Flying after surgery

+1

Yes you can fly after surgery.  Depending upon your PS preference you should stay in town five to seven days after the procedure.  Always wear compression stockings on the airplane to minimize your risk of getting a blood clot.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Can You Travel Back Home?

+1

A flight will probably be more comfortable and involve less immobilization than driving whatever distance that would be. Do check with your surgeon about the timing. I can't tell if you are planning to go back the same day or a few days after.

Thanks. best wishes. 

Stay in town for about a week after TT and BA

+1

That is what I recommend to my patients.  There is no problem with the actual flying, but you need to make sure you are well hydrated (keeping fluids down well) and overall feeling well before you fly.  Clear this with your surgeon of course. Best of luck to you.

James E. Chappell, MD

Flying home after mini tummy tuck and breast augmentation

+1

I would assume that your surgeon would want you to stay locally for at least several days following your surgery, so you may be followed closely within those days after surgery.  Thereafter I would assume that your surgeon will want to see you for regular follow up visits within the next few weeks to months, so you should be prepared to go back to your surgeon for those follow up visits.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Can you fly after havind had surgery

+1

This is an important question to discuss with the plastic surgeon who will be caring for you. I would expect your doctor to expect you to stay in the local area where he/she can follow your early recovery closely for at least a week. This may vary from plastic surgeon to plastic surgeon but in general, a 35 minute flight is better than a 2-3 hour car ride but you have to carefully follow all of the instructions you are given to you in an effort to have you have a good result with a safe outcome. I hope this helps.

Dr. Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS